During those hot summer months, it’s important that we all do our part to help conserve water in an effort to take care of our Lone Star State. We’re all guilty of letting the water in our sinks run for long periods of time or frequently overwatering our yards. But you can make a difference in water consumption by making small changes around your home.
Water Conservation Tips:
- Water your yard thoroughly, but only as needed (usually no more than one inch, once a week).
- Use drop irrigation for plants and gardens.
- Water early in the morning to minimize evaporation.
- Save energy and reduce water consumption by up to 65% by installing water-efficient plumbing fixtures.
- Wash only full loads of laundry — this can save an average household more than 3,400 gallons of water per year!